We started the implementation of the project „TRANSFORM – Strengthening the organization’s activities EUROTOPIA.CZ, o.p.s.“ at the beginning of April.
The project is being supported by the Open Society Fund Prague from the Active Citizens Fund. The programme promotes citizens’ active participation in the public life and decision making and builds capacities of civil society organizations. It promotes respect of human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and the respect for human rights including the rights of persons belonging to minorities. Active Citizens Fund came to the Czech Republic in September 2019 with the goal to support CSOs regardless of their size and experience. It is operated by the Open Society Fund Prague, Committee of Good Will – the Olga Havel Foundation and Scout Institute. The Active Citizens Fund is financed from EEA and Norway Grants 2014–2021. With EEA Grants, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway contribute towards a reduction in economic and social disparity and the strengthening of mutual cooperation in Europe. One of the important objectives of the programme is strengthening bilateral cooperation between donor and beneficiary states through financial contributions in specified priority sectors. It supports bilateral relations between the donor states Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein and the Czech Republic.”
The organization EUROTOPIA.CZ, o.p.s. was founded 22 years ago. One of the core areas of our activity is the effort to comprehensively support families and communities, which includes multidisciplinary cooperation, multi-source financing and the provision of quality services across departments. Due to the current breakdown of financial resources and the position of our organization in the care system, we have not yet systematically addressed areas related to strengthening the organization’s capacities. In the last 6 years, the organization has grown significantly in the regions, we have strengthened the teams and also expanded the areas of operation. This led us to the need to also focus on the organization – improve PR and external communication, create and implement a new and sustainable fundraising strategy, change the structure and setting of internal processes, focus on the use of modern technologies. The purpose of the project is to transform the organization so that it becomes a full-fledged partner and a recognized expert in the field of social service providers and maintains the current level of service provision across regions.
The “TRANSFORM” project is a response to the current needs of our organization and is aimed at strengthening our activities in the field of competences and readiness of the organization to work in an online environment with the aim of streamlining management, fundraising and communication within the organization, increasing the use and work with data, improving/ to streamline the provision of services and communication with the target group within the given community, with local self-government and cooperating entities. We are implementing the project from April 1 this year until the end of March 2024. The project’s activities are built on several pillars:
1. STRATEGY – we will update and develop strategies focused on management, organizational development, PR and fundraising, marketing, development of management education and communication and further put them into practice.
2. EDUCATION – we will focus on increasing the expertise and education of the organization’s managers.
3. FUNDRAISING AND PR – we will focus on putting the fundraising and PR strategy into practice. We will strengthen the organization in the area of its financial security and increase the possibilities of obtaining additional resources.
4. COMMUNICATION – we will implement communication strategies in the organization and externally to clients, cooperating entities and organizations, to the public. We will improve the perception of the organization as such.
5. ONLINE SPACE – we will provide the necessary software and program products for employees, which they will use for work in the online space, work with data and communication with clients, other entities and within the organization.